Wednesday, January 5, 2011

what`s new...


Last week was flurry of post Christmas shopping, playing with Christmas gifts and rain. The girls, Declan and I spent the lone sunny/hot day on the beach at Wynnum. It was great because they have a giant pool filled with sand and sea water, so it`s like swimming in the ocean, but without the dangers of waves, currents and wild life (great for the kids!). I had two evenings out as well, where I managed to make a few more Aussie friends. It was nice to see a bit more of Brisbane and spend time with people my age.

We spent New Years Eve at South Bank in Brisbane. We went for the 8:30 fireworks which were beautiful but apparently the midnight ones kick the early one`s butt. I`m pretty sure I was in bed and asleep by 10:00. Then I was rudely awoken by the loud bang of fireworks at midnight! What I party pooper I am eh? Oh well, next year I'll do better, I promise.

The girls left on New Years Day to spend two weeks with their mother. After two hours without the girls I found myself quite bored and unsure what to do, so i dyed my hair. This week has been nice and relaxed so far. I`ve done some house cleaning and yard work, swam in the pool, read The Lost Symbol, watched 2 foreign films (The Edukators and Jeux D'enfants) I recommend both. I`ve also gotten to spend more time than usual with Declan which has been a blast!

As for this comming week without the girls: I`m off to Sydney!!!
I`ll be sure to write about my adventures there as soon as I return to my home in Capalaba.
And the picture... yes it is a BBQ set to make beer bird. There's no better way to cook a chicken then to but a beer up its bum.
Ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment