Monday, January 24, 2011

Back to School


The girls started their first day of year 6 today! Of course in preparation we spent Sunday and Monday at the theme parks. Sunday was a day full of dolphins, sea lions, penguins, and rays at sea world. We saw the sea lions and dolphins show,and road up front on our favourite sea ride:
Jet Rescue. It was a blast!

Monday was spent at Wet N`Wild where we spent most of the day waiting in lines on the boiling hot cement. I must say that the highlight of my day was Wet n`Wild`s newest ride: The Aqua Loop. (http://wetnwild.myfun.com.au/en/Attractions/Rides/AquaLoop.aspx) The Aqua Loop is a water slide that starts off with you free falling through the clear tube then takes you through a full 360 degree loop. When you are at the top the lifeguards help you into a clear pod. Then an eerie female voice counts down "three, two, one", th
e floor drops from underneath you and then you soil yourself. Haha ok, maybe not but it was scary as! Of course, I`d do it again!

Now that I have weekdays free, I'm unsure as to what to do with my time. I have signed up to do child care for Mom's Morning Out at the church I've been attending. I would be doing that every second Thursday. I haven't heard any news from the lady in charge yet, so I hope that it works out. Other than that I may be looking after Declan on Tuesdays. I've been starting a bit of a job search mainly childcare, cleaning or waitressing, so hopefully I find something soon so I don't get too bored (and make a bit of extra $ for traveling).

As for tomorrow: IT'S AUSTRALIA DAY! (January 26th) We'll be taking out Steve's boat, and enjoying the sun and sea! Then we'll spend the evening with Monique's family having a birthday BBQ for Monique's nephew and sister in-law.

So... in case you forgot (in which case I hope that for you own good you didn't) it's my birthday this Saturday! I'll be leaving Thursday afternoon to go up to Cairns for the weekend! The weather looks good so far, so hopefully I'll spend the weekend exploring the Great Barrier Reef and dodging crocks on the beach.


OMG! Oprah's big secret!!!! ...
I wish I was Oprah's half sister!!!!!!
And I hope everyone has been watching Oprah's Australian special! It's been a pretty huge deal around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment