Monday, January 17, 2011

My week in Sydney


While the girls spent two weeks at their mother`s I hopped on a train and made my way down to Sydney. During my 13 hours on the Country Link train from Brisbane to Sydney I met a group of New Zealanders, saw the beautiful Aussie countryside and saw a trampoline set up on a hill at a 40 degree angle (quite odd).

(performers at the Sydney Festival)



Once in Sydney I saw all the sights: Bondi Beach, the Opera house, New South Wales Art Gallery, the Harbor Bridge, the Sydney Markets
, China Town, and last but not least the Olympic Park.

I was also able to explore a few suburbs where I was staying (Waverton, Lidcombe, Ashfield, and New Town). My
favourite of these was Newtown. It was filled with Thai restaurants, 2nd hand book shops, hippy boutiques, and even a bike library!

Lucky for me I arrived in Sydney in time for the kick off of the Sydney Festival. I was able to take in a few free concerts and enjoy downtown city. I even scored a few freebies from my bank ANZ who was sponsoring the event.





(View of the Opera House from the bridge)





That was my trip to Sydney in a nut shell. Hopefully I`ll get a chance to go back again yet during my travels!
(Kangaroo Pizza)

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me kangaroo pizza isn't made of... gulp!...

    ReplyDelete