Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pre Christmas Confusion

Skating in Brisbane





As Christmas approaches I seem to have become more and more confused. It starts with the weather: It`s hot and there`s no snow! This of course has me confused as to whether or not it is really Christmas time. Nearly everyone I have talked to here has never experienced a white Christmas with snow, but I guess I`ve never had a non-white Christmas.

Secondly....
I'm not with my family. (Thankfully the family I'm working for is marvelous and is making me a part of their Christmas)

Third...
I already had Christmas back home.

Four...
I spent yesterday on the beach (ok, I guess that's part of the weather thing as well)

Fifth...
I have another killer sunburn (yes, no need to tell me to put more sunscreen on it doesn`t help after you`ve already splooshed it on an inch thick, all I can do is wear my sun shirt)

Anyway, how this all started... while I was walking down the streets looking at the lights with Ashleigh tonight I found myself confused... I'm wearing shorts and sandals while I walk down the street in the rain looking at Christmas lights...utter uncertainty. What is this? What's going on?
Maybe it'll start to feel like Christmas on Saturday.

Love,
emilie

p.s. I sat on Santa's knee the other day and I'll post a picture soon. I never knew until then that Santa had an Aussie accent.


No comments:

Post a Comment